15 May Drive traffic to your ecommerce website with Instagram tags
With over one billion users and counting, Instagram can be an amazing tool for your business especially if you have an ecommerce store. In this post we will explore how you can use the power of Instagram and Facebook to drive traffic to your store website.
Unlike Facebook or Instagram ads, Shopping with Instagram integrates seamlessly with your organic posts to create an immersive and interactive social media experience for your customers. The less steps there are for a customer to get to your product the better. With this system the products can be tagged within images that you post (like tagging a person on Facebook). The tag contains basic information about the product such as its name and price. By tapping on the tag, the customer can go directly to your ecommerce store and purchase the item immediately. Previously they would have had to go to your website, then search for that item – these extra steps can cause a huge drop off in interest. With mobile shopping on the rise, a few taps are so convenient and easy that customers can find exactly what they want and then buy it immediately.
By setting up Shopping on Instagram, you will be able to:
- Tag product/s in your photos on Instagram and Facebook
- Tag product/s in your Instagram / Facebook stories
- Easily share products from your website
- Integrate seamlessly with Instagram and Facebook with a simple visual way to enhance your photos and products
Interested? We can set this up for you! To use Shopping for Instagram, you will need:
- A Woocommerce website store
- A Facebook page for your business
- An Instagram business account
- Your business must comply with the merchant agreement and commerce policies
How to tag products in Instagram:
- Using the Instagram app, select a photo and add a caption, any filter or hashtag, as usual.
- Tap products you wish to tag.
- Enter names of products to tag and select them as they appear in the Search box.