23 Jul Schedule your Instagram posts ahead of time using this FREE app!
Have you ever wondered how other business keep on top of their Instagram game? We’ve got the inside scoop! Let us introduce you to ‘LATER’ a FREE social media scheduling tool that lets you plan ahead of time!
For those of you who feel too busy to bother with Instagram, your prayers have been answered. Later helps you plan your entire week (or month) from your computer so you don’t even need to think about posting all week – you can use that time to interact and engage with your audience instead!
Benefits of using Later:
- It’s FREE (up to 30 posts per month)
- Pre-type your captions and include paragraphs/line breaks
- Save sets of hashtags to use over again in future posts
- Create a consistent, balanced look in your Instagram feed
If you are just getting started with Later, there are a few things you need to know that will make life easier for you. First, visit the web app on your computer here, upload your photos on the right, drag and drop them onto your content calendar, add your caption and hashtags and you’re done – it’s that simple!
Once you’ve got your first post inserted into your calendar, you can select from 2 options:
- Auto Publish
This feature is available to Instagram business profiles and your post can be automatically published to Instagram at the scheduled time you select. If you want to revise the post before sending it out, select notification instead.
This option will send you a push notification to your phone when it’s time to publish your post. The notification will open your photo/video in the Instagram app and all you need to do is hit “paste” in the caption field to publish your post.
We’re all about finding ways to work smarter not harder and once we were introduced to this scheduling tool, our social media posts have been a lot easier to manage.
Before you go, here a few quick tips to get your head around using hashtags on Instagram:
- Instagram allows you to include up to 30 hashtags per post
- Choose hashtags you think your audience would search for to find your product or service.
- If using Later to add in hashtags, add a few hard returns to move them down away from your post’s caption. When you post your photo, Instagram will only reveal the first few lines so your hashtags will be hidden.
Click here to get started with Later and improve your social media game today!